OXECO is looking for a candidate to join the R&D team of this high-growth company in the chemistry industry. The Research Scientist will work in a fast-paced team environment on two main elements as outlined below. OXECO is looking for a pragmatic, enthusiastic, scientist with excellent organization skills and strong attention to detail. This role is predominantly laboratory-based at Begbroke, however, some travel to customers to support trials in both the UK and internationally will be expected.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
This role has two main elements:
- Plan and execute research & development projects based on the development of new coatings and surface treatments.
- Assist in customer trials for product demonstration and technology transfer to drive the creation of new customer relationships.
- 3+ years industry experience working in the field of coatings, materials, or chemistry. Candidates with 6+ years of relevant industrial experience will be considered for a senior research role.
- Experience in working with coatings (e.g. films, resins, or dispersions): formulation, application techniques (e.g. Drawdown bar, dip-coating, spray) and testing.
- Knowledge of polymer science with an understanding of the relationship between chemical structure and physical properties.
- Fundamentals of mechanical testing of materials, thermal analysis, spectroscopy techniques.
- Designing tests, writing reports, interpreting data, presenting findings to internal and external contacts.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to conduct theoretical and experimental investigations.
- PC proficient with good MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Attention to detail, desire to learn and ability to prioritise tasks.
- Able to document work clearly, with good communication, writing and reporting skills.
- Experience in working with dispersions or nanoparticles.
- Familiar with composite manufacturing methods.
- Experience in working with customers and conducting product demonstration or manufacturing trials.
As with all OXECO team members, we expect our Research Scientist to uphold our three core company values to a high level of professionalism throughout their career with us:
(to our customers/partners).
- Integrity (in the science we do).
- Solutions-focused (we provide solutions to problems).
As a member of the team, our commitment to you is:
- A competitive salary and equity compensation package.
- Statutory pension scheme.
- Professional development support.
To apply, please email email@example.com with your resumé and highlighting any relevant experience.
These roles are predominantly laboratory-based. However, some degree of lifting and heavy work is likely with the daily movement of equipment, chemicals, waste, and supplies. OXECO is committed to ensuring that, where appropriate and reasonable, adjustments will be made to accommodate those who may struggle with the physical nature of the role.
OXECO would prefer that the successful applicant live within 45 minutes travel time of the laboratory.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £32,000.00-£39,000.00 per year